Engaging with Safety Equipment Advisory Committee (SEAC) version, at RNLI HQ, Poole – 2nd May 2018
Coltraco Ultrasonics’ Head of Marketing & Communications, Miss Clare Hunter, was at the Safety Equipment Advisory Committee (SEAC) version, at RNLI HQ, Poole on 2nd May 2018.
This committee was discussing the issues related to Life Safety Appliances and Fire. More details and minutes are not yet made public.
Here are just a few of the key points Coltraco Ultrasonics have been calling the industry to respond to in recent years:
- Education – this is vital for all levels of industry from leading safety managers in the Owners and Operators
- Valves – typical CO2 cylinders use cheap valves which may lead to leaking and discharging of CO2
- Cylinder Servicing – there is a lack of understanding in the industry about why,when and how the fire suppression system cylinders require servicing in order to ensure there has been no leak or discharge
- Pipework – there needs to be new technology to inspect pipework for thickness, corrosion, leaks and obstructions
- Crew – more value needs to be placed on crew which should lead to improved training about servicing fire suppression systems: not only how to actuate a fire system in the event of fire, but to understand more of the engineering behind the systems and the methods for inspecting system integrity, crucially identifying contents loss of CO2, clean agents and the other liquefied gaseous agents used
Discover the MCA: here
Discover the RNLI: here
Coltraco Ultrasonics’ Marketing & Communications Assistant...
04 July 2019
Commitment to Clean Powered Future...
03 July 2019
at Investec Bank plc, London...
01 July 2019