Download Portagauge® 4 PDF here.
MAKE CORROSION & THICKNESS TESTING EASIER, FASTER AND SAFER
1. Quick testing allows the user to test a large range of metals within a short period of time. Intelligent Probe Recognition (IPR automatically adjusts settings at the same time as transmitting recognition data.
2. Ideal for a wide range of industrial applications: fire cylinders, ship hulls, pipework, storage tanks. Ability to work on heavily corroded metal.
3. Triple Echo technology gives true metal thickness ie excluding coating and paint thickness.
4. Highly accurate units – measurements in steps of 0.1mm from 1.5mm – 99.9mm.
5. Portable unit, lightweight, compact and with long-term reliability.
1. Connect the sensor to the unit.
2. Press the "On" button on the Portagauge® 4 unit.
3. Using the menu button, calibrate the unit to the surface that you are testing.
4. Place the sensor firmly on the surface that you are reading and the Portagauge® will instantly tell you a measurement of the metal thickness in mm.
Portagauge® 4 enables you to go above and beyond regulatory compliance.
NFPA 25 – Standard for the Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems
9.2.7 Tests During Interior Inspection. Where a drained interior inspection of a steel tank is required by 184.108.40.206, the following tests shall be conducted:
(3) Non-destructive ultrasonic readings shall be taken to evaluate the wall thickness where there is evidence of pitting or corrosion
(5) Tank bottoms shall be tested for metal loss and/or rust on the underside by use of ultrasonic testing where there is evidence of pitting or corrosion NFPA 13 – Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler System
References made to NFPA 25 for regular inspection, testing and maintenance.