Download Portagauge® 3 PDF here.
MAKE CORROSION & THICKNESS TESTING EASIER, FASTER AND SAFER
1. Quick testing allows the user to test a large range of metals within a short period of time. Simple enough for any operator, with quick training for reliable and accurate testing.
2. Ideal for a wide range of industrial applications: fire cylinders, ship hulls, pipework, storage tanks. Ability to work on heavily corroded metal.
3. The simplicity of Portagauge® 3 means reliable results are achieved at the lowest cost to our customers. The quality units are built to ensure they meet high standards.
4. Highly accurate units – measurements in steps of 0.1mm from 1.5mm – 99.9mm.
5. Portable unit, lightweight, compact and with long-term reliability.
1. Connect the sensors to the unit (red to red and black to black)
2. Press the “On” button on the Portagauge® 3 unit.
3. Place the sensor firmly on the metal surface that you are testing and the Portagauge® will instantly tell you a measurement of the metal thickness in mm.
Portagauge® 3 enables you to go above and beyond regulatory compliance.
NFPA 25 – Standard for the Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems
9.2.7 Tests During Interior Inspection. Where a drained interior inspection of a steel tank is required by 184.108.40.206, the following tests shall be conducted:
(3) Non-destructive ultrasonic readings shall be taken to evaluate the wall thickness where there is evidence of pitting or corrosion
(5) Tank bottoms shall be tested for metal loss and/or rust on the underside by use of ultrasonic testing where there is evidence of pitting or corrosion
NFPA 13 – Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler System
References made to NFPA 25 for regular inspection, testing and maintenance.