Portalevel® Intrinsically Safe
ATEX Zone 1 Ultrasonic Level Indicator
The Portalevel® IS is a Zone 1 Approved ATEX Liquid Level Indicator and focuses on inspecting fire suppression cylinders installed in highly sensitive environments.
Get help buying? Chat now, email or call +44 207 629 8475
Zone 1 Ultrasonic level indicator
The Portalevel® IS is a specialist intrinsically safe ultrasonic liquid level indicator designed for testing liquid contents inside fire suppression systems, in explosive atmospheres. With approval from Ex Veritas, the device is ideal for testing the cylinder contents of fire suppression systems in hazardous areas.
Intrinsically Safe Ultrasonic Level Indicator – Fire Safety in Hazardous Zones
- Approved to Zone 1, II 2 G Ex ib IIA T4 Gb standard, the Portalevel® IS is capable of working even in the most sensitive of environments.
- Its primary function is to detect the liquid level in fire suppression cylinders including CO2, FM200™, NOVEC 1230® and all other fire suppression agents, where the systems are installed in ATEX Zones.
- Critically, this removes the need for inspecting fire systems using a Hot Work Permit and offers significant time, cost and safety benefits when compared to weighing.
Accurate, Easy to Use and Low Risk
- Powerful Testing: Due to the low power requirements of ATEX Approval, the unit has been evolved to have 3 different Calibration bands and 4 different power levels.
- Flexible: The Calibration bands allow the unit to set itself up on a wide variety of different cylinder types with minimal input from the user.
- Accurate: This is critical in maintaining high levels of accuracy (+/- 1.5mm), ease of use and low risk of user error during testing. The different power levels then allow for testing much larger or corroded tanks.
Maintain fire safety in safety critical areas
If you are maintaining fire suppression systems to identify cylinder contents of liquefied agents e.g. CO2, clean agent etc, in areas where you require Zone 1 instrumentation, you should use the Portalevel® IS. Our intrinsically safe Ultrasonic Level Indicator is safer than weighing. It is the only ExVeritas approved Portalevel® model available from Coltraco Ultrasonics.
Intended for use in areas where an explosive atmosphere is likely to occur in normal operation and must ensure a high level of protection. Examples of these areas are environments with gas, vapours and mists (IECEx Zone 1) such as:
- LNG Tankers
- Offshore Platforms with flammable gases
- Chemical plants
- Hazardous material storage facilities
- Automotive paint booths
- Gas plants and facilities
- Aircraft hangers
- Fuel servicing areas
What's in the box
Portalevel® IS ultrasonic liquid level indicator main unit.
Ultrasonic gel ssists perfect contact between sensor & testing surface for maximum accuracy and ease of use.
ATEX piezo electric transducer fitted with magnetic applicator allowing for perfect placement of the sensor each time
Carrying case for ease and safety of transport, delivery and storage
How to use
Connect the main unit and sensors & turn on
Wet the surface if cylinder in good condition or apply thin strip of gel down the cylinder if required
Identify the region on a cylinder with consistently high readings. Place sensor on a typically high reading and press CAL
The bar braph will now go to 100%. Full bar graph means gas. No bar graph means liquid
Move sensor down the cylinder in 5cm increments, watching the bar graph. When the bar disappears, you have reached the liquid
215 mm x 82 mm x 30 mm
+/- 1.5mm / 0.125 inch
TX/RX sensor, 34mm diameter hear, contiained within a magnetized sensor applicator, connected by BNC to 1m co-ax cable
4 x AA LG1 Energizer battery – Only permittable battery
Membrane control operated, LCD backlit display measuring 28 mm x 55 mm
EX II 2 G Ex ib IIA T4 Gb
– 20C to + 40C / 68F to 104 F
- Main unit – 3 Year Warranty
- Sensor – 1 Year Warranty
- Technical Support – Lifetime of the unit