7th Generation Ultrasonic Level Indicator
The Portalevel Mini provides an ideal solution for testing typical fire suppression cylinders, providing a very versatile and reliable solution. cylinders.
Get help buying? Chat now, email or call +44 207 629 8475
Ultrasonic liquid level indicator
The Portalevel Mini provides an ideal solution for testing typical fire suppression cylinders. It utilises our trusted 7th generation technology, providing a very versatile and reliable solution. Over the years it has undergone numerous upgrade programs and the most popular unit in the range for testing standard size fire suppression cylinders.
The Portalevel Mini is most popular with fire servicing companies and asset owners managing their own fire suppression systems. This is because the Portalevel Mini provides a very quick, safe and efficient method for testing fire cylinder content. Traditionally, companies used to manually weight cylinders in order to measure cylinder content.
Weighing cylinders is an inherently flawed process for many reasons:
- It requires turning off the fire system, leaving the asset it is protecting exposed and at risk
- The system manifold is often damaged, resulting in extra cost and risk of permanent damage
- It is very dangerous with risk of accidental discharge causing asphyxiation with CO2 cylinders
- Moving heavy and cumbersome cylinders risks serious bodily damage
- Very inefficient, taking a lot of time, personnel and effort to complete testing
The Portalevel Mini overcomes all these issues.
- The fire system remains on, protecting the asset
- Cylinders do not need to be moved, with zero risk of damage
- Zero risk for accidental discharge caused by disconnected cylinders
- No need for any physical exertion
- One person can do equivalent tests in less than 10% of the time
The Portalevel Mini can test any fire cylinder (CO2, NOVEC 1230, FM200, Halon and many others) in under 60 seconds. Only one person is required to carry out testing, it can be done in a completely safe manner and can be used in conjunction with the Portasteele Calculator to complete level-to-weight calculations plus data storage and export.
- For higher speed of testing, please see the Portalevel Max
- For integrated level & weight calculations, please see the Portalevel Touch
- For low cost, simple applications, please see the Portalevel Original
- For more information on level to agent weight calculator, please see Portasteele
What's in the box
Portalevel Mini main unit containing the controls, display, power, connectors and fitted with eyelets for handsfree use
Pieze electric sensor fitted with magnetic head to ensure perfect positioning on the cylinder wall every time
Ultrasonic Gel ideal for rusted or poor condition cylinders. Ensures perfect connection between cylinder and sensor
Carrying case ideal for protection, transportation and storage of the device
Calibration certificate For traceability of accuracy and documenting unit setup.
Operating instructions We can provide training and technical support via our Video Materials, over the phone or video call but the primary method is through our very clear, step-by-step operating manuals.
How to use
Connect sensor with the BNC connector and turn on the device
Remove any debris such as dirt, peeling paint, or heavy dust. Apply spray of water or ultrasonic gel depending on cylinder condition.
Using CO2 as an example, place the sensor above the liquid level, press & hold the ‘CAL’ button for 5 seconds. All the LEDs will light up. This indicates gas (above level)
Move sensor down the cylinder in small steps watching the LEDs. When all the LEDs have gone out, you have reached the liquid level.
- 200mm x 93mm x 45mm
+/- 1.5mm / 0.125 inches
Verifiable liquids / gases
CO2, FM-200™, NOVEC 1230®, FE-13, FE-25, Halon, halon substitutes and all other common liquid fire suppression agents
4 x AA 1.5V batteries
Approximately 10 hours battery life during normal operation
On, Off, CAL and SPA
Piezo electric ultrasonic crystal, with magnetic protective handheld applicator and 1m BNC coax cable
-10C to +70C
Humidity range of 5% to 95%
- Main unit – 3 Year Warranty
- Sensor – 1 Year Warranty
- Technical Support – Lifetime of the unit