Mass storage tank level indicator
The ideal solution for non-invasively identifying levels of water and clean liquids in large industrial tanks.
Portable Ultrasonic Liquid level Indicator for industrial tanks of 0.5-15metre width
Get help buying? Chat now, email or call +44 207 629 8475
Non-invasive level indicator for industrial tanks
An innovative handheld tool to accurately identify the level of contents in large containers between 0.5-15 metre diameter.
- Quick Testing: Easy to use, instant liquid level detection with very clear LED results for liquid indication
- Versatile: Applicable for a wide range of tanks & liquids
- Non-Invasive: Testing through the outer wall (no opening required)
Quickly, safely and easily identify the liquid level in tanks
- Tank Width Range: 0.5 metres – 15 metres
- Tank Wall Material: Most common types such as steel, plastic, aluminium etc.
- Liquid types: Most standard industrial liquids. E.g. water and oils
With clear LIQUID / NO LIQUID result (presence/absence), the Portatank® is accurate to +/- 10mm, providing a safe, quick and accurate method to monitor contents. This adaptable technology can work with liquid levels that fluctuate over time, as well as test a wide range of tanks and liquids. Coltraco’s equipment is designed to improve safety and best practice, ensuring the equipment used to inspect tanks is accurate and efficient.
3 reasons to buy Portatank®
- For tanks that already have an in-built system, our portable non-invasive technology allows operators to verify liquid levels in tanks with existing in-built level indicators, as some of these can be from an old technology that can be inaccurate such as float level or sight-glass methods.
- For tanks without any form of liquid level indication, the Portatank® can detect the liquid levels non-invasively through the outer walls of the tank.
- Portatank® requires no installation for either application
Power Station in USA using Portatank to test Transformer Oil Levels
What's in the box
Portatank main unit with controls, liquid detection indications, power management and connections
Ultrasonic transducer with cable and BNC connections
Oscilloscope which can be connected to the main unit for ease of setup and signal analysis
Carrying case for ease of transportation, storage and delivery
Ultrasonic gel for ease of use, large applications and poor condition surface testeing
Calibration certificate For traceability of accuracy and documenting unit setup.
Operating instructions We can provide training and technical support via our Video Materials, over the phone or video call but the primary method is through our very clear, step-by-step operating manuals.
200mm x 100mm x 70mm
Water and most clean liquids and chemicals. Please contact technical team for more specific details
Dependent on application & wall thickness. please consult with technical team
8 x 1.5V AA Batteries
Liquid level indication via LED indicators
-10C to +65C / 67F to 160F
- Main unit – 3 Year Warranty
- Sensor – 1 Year Warranty
- Technical Support – Lifetime of the unit