Portagauge® 3 is designed to be as simple and durable as possible. Submit an enquiry and our expert team will send you pricing and information within 24 hours.
Six Core Benefits: make corrosion and thickness testing faster, better and safer
- Quick testing allows the user to test a large range of metals within a short period of time. Simple enough for any operator, with quick training for reliable and accurate testing. Only 2 controls (on & off) the device offers an effortless, plug and play method for quickly inspecting large metal surfaces.
- Ideal for a wide range of industrial applications: fire cylinders, ship hulls, pipework, storage tanks. Ability to work on heavily corroded metal. This is especially valuable when inspecting pipework, hulls, process machinery for example.
- Low Cost – The simplicity of Portagauge® 3 means reliable results are achieved at the lowest cost to our customers. The quality units are built to ensure they meet high standards.
- Highly accurate units – measurements in steps of 0.1mm from 1.5mm – 99.9mm.
- Portable unit, lightweight, compact and with long-term reliability. Comes complete with a a robust case, sensor, operating instructions etc.
- Versatile – A variety of different sensor options are also available, including:
- 6mm Thin Material probe – measuring range 1.5mm to 50mm and ideal for thin diameter applications such as small pipework
- 10mm Standard Probe – measuring range 1.5mm – 99.9mm and ideal for the vast majority of measurement applications
- 12mm High Temperature Probe – range 4mm to 99.9mm and capable of operating on metal surfaces up to 70C / 160F
Stay Compliant With The Regulations
Portagauge® 3 enables you to go above and beyond regulatory compliance.
NFPA 25 – Standard for the Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems
9.2.7 Tests During Interior Inspection. Where a drained interior inspection of a steel tank is required by 184.108.40.206, the following tests shall be conducted:
(3) Non-destructive ultrasonic readings shall be taken to evaluate the wall thickness where there is evidence of pitting or corrosion
(5) Tank bottoms shall be tested for metal loss and/or rust on the underside by use of ultrasonic testing where there is evidence of pitting or corrosion
NFPA 13 – Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler System
References made to NFPA 25 for regular inspection, testing and maintenance.
How it works in 3 Simple Steps
- Connect the sensors to the unit (red to red and black to black)
- Press the “On” button on the Portagauge® 3 unit.
- Apply ultrasonic gel and place the sensor firmly on the metal surface that you are testing and the Portagauge® will instantly tell you a measurement of the metal thickness in mm.