Reduce the spread of COVID-19 in healthcare
- To reduce the spread of airborne infectious diseases, Hospital wards and Pharmaceutical cleanrooms rely on negative or positive pressurisation. Adequate ventilation needs a minimum airtightness.
- Current practice involves measuring total air permeability but is unable to give meaningful value for leakage rate via individual leaks or locate them precisely.
- Portascanner® COVID-19 measures individual leak sizes and leakage rates and use these to approximate total air permeability too. This is the only solution on the market to provide all 4 capabilities, in 1 instrument – identify leak sites, quantify the leak size, calculate the air flow rate, and then generate an air permeability value.
The only alternative to Portascanner® COVID-19 is 3rd party contracted door fan testing which is more invasive, time consuming, and costly. It cannot be used with patients in the room. Our instrument can. Without this, “patch and hope” measures are often used i.e. taping obvious areas of leakage (pictured).
- 8 megapixel camera
- Dual function
- Power settings
- Record data & export via USB
- Filter records by date or location
- Maintenance tool (not medical)
- Easy to Use
- Save Time & Money
Funded by UK Government Innovate UK UKRI
The funding was provided through the Government’s modern industrial strategy by Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation.
UK Research and Innovation is a new organisation that brings together the UK Research Councils, Innovate UK and Research England into a single organisation to create the best environment for research and innovation to flourish. The vision is to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation. For more information visit www.ukri.org
Solve your air permeability now
Get in touch to learn how we can help reduce the risk of COVID-19 by inspecting wards/laboratories/clean rooms/isolation rooms for air permeability:
- use the enquiry form at the top of the page
- download the free brochure
- go on our live webchat
- further contact details on the Contact Us page: