The Award Winning Portalevel® TOUCH is the world’s first fully integrated ultrasonic liquid level indicator and level to mass conversion calculator.
- Purpose: Designed to measure the liquid level in fire cylinders and is particularly valuable for testing clean agent cylinders.
- Key Advantage: Only solution globally capable of calculating the agent weight of critical fire suppression cylinders to a less than 1% accuracy and with the ability to store and export all servicing data directly into reports.
Portalevel® TOUCH is the result of the continuous improvement of our 20-year global expertise in the contents-monitoring of liquefied gaseous extinguishing systems used to protect critical infrastructure. Traceability of a liquid level measurement in a liquefied gaseous extinguishing cylinder has been a concern in the industry for many years due to the absence of many cylinder manufacturers’ documentation providing a known liquid level height for the cylinder. For the first time in a standalone device, PL TOUCH enables fire safety engineering technicians to measure and cross-verify the liquid level contents of the cylinder with the agent weight; agent weight being the only measure of agent quantity as certified per the manufacturers documentation available at installation, and enables these dual-readings to be recorded and traceable to the manufacturers specifications.
NFPA & ISO Regulatons
Portalevel® TOUCH Ultrasonic Level Indicator enables users to measure the liquid level and convert the readings to agent weight accurate to up to 1% of the true agent weight contained in the cylinder. Portalevel® TOUCH was designed to comply and exceed various regulatory requirements in the fire industry relating to liquefied gases, including:
- ISO 14520-1:2015, 220.127.116.11
- The storage container contents shall be checked at least every six months as follows. Liquefied gases, in regard to halocarbon agents, “if a container shows a loss of agent in quantity of more than 5%, it shall be refilled or replaced”
- NFPA 2001:2018, 8.3, 8.3.1
- At least semi-annually, the agent quantity and pressure of refillable containers shall be checked. If a container shows a loss of agent quantity of more than 5%,it shall be refilled or replaced
Where is Portalevel® Touch most valuable?
The Portalevel® TOUCH has especially high value to a number of key customer profiles, including the following:
- Fire Servicing Companies working regularly with Clean Agent fire systems
- One of the most vital innovations with the Portalevel® Touch is the enhanced ability to operate with and test a wide variety of Clean Agent cylinders including NOVEC™ 1230 , FM200® and other similar agents. Especially in very large cylinders, these can be especially challenging to test. The Portalevel® Touch has been specifically developed to ha
- Servicing & Reporting functionality
- Cylinder dimensions can be pre-loaded onto the device itself, allowing for a very quick method of calculating the precise agent weight, from the liquid level identified. All this information, including the deviation from the fill mass which should be in the cylinder, can then be stored within the device for export and direct reporting. This can be used for internal audit purposes or given directly to the customer for an enhanced service offering.
- Most Advanced Technology
- As mentioned before, the Portalevel® Touch includes a multitude of technical innovations, never seen before. For those companies looking to be at the cutting edge of technology and innovation, the Portalevel® Touch is the unit of choice. Every aspect of the device has been reconceived from the ground up and the results is a huge step forward in the level indication capabilities offered by Coltraco Ultrasonics
- Highly accurate agent weight calculations
- Nowadays may OEMs are placing higher demands on servicing companies to increase the accuracy with which they calculate the precise agent weight. This is a challenging technical issue as in order to obtain sub 1% accuracy, a hugely detailed concept of the cylinder geometry needs to be understood. Many Portalevel® units are capable of obtaining +/-1 mm accuracy but the unique element of being able to pre-load cylinder dimensions onto the device and complete calculations during servicing is completely unique
Portalevel® TOUCH provides a safe, non-invasive, dry and clean way of inspecting the contents of liquefied gaseous extinguishing cylinders where the ultrasonic sensor can be operated without the use of water or ultrasound gel. This removes the burden of cleaning up the cylinder after inspection. Portalevel® TOUCH is rechargeable via micro-USB for convenience and the main unit is housed in a robust IP65-rated enclosure, with IP68-rated USB connectors to withstand harsh, industrial environments.
Portalevel® TOUCH Ultrasonic Level Indicator Shortlisted and Highly Commended at the SHE Awards 2020 for the Innovation of the Year award.
If you would like to discuss the capabilities of the Portalevel® Touch in more detail, please get in touch HERE and we will be deligthed to help.