Our submission for the Safety Initiative Award has been shortlisted as a finalist in the 11th Seatrade Maritime Awards Asia. The Awards are held on 25th April, Singapore
Why we are shortlisted for the Safety Initiative Award?
Coltraco Ultrasonics implemented the Safeship® initiative, to promote protecting critical infrastructure at sea. The two main causes of vessel loss are sinking and fire. A lack of proper servicing of watertight and weathertight seals can lead to deterioration which can endanger the ship, cargo and lives of the crew through flooding and the potential of capsizing. Secondly, bad industry practice is unacceptable when fire risk may have catastrophic results due to risk to life, downtime in operation due to ship safety and repair work and incalculable reputational damage. The crew, cargo and vessel must be protected whena at sea because it is it’s own fire brigade without accessibility to typical emergency services.
As a result, Coltraco designed the FLEETSAFE: a package of innovative safety tools to combat the above and comply with regulations
- An ultrasonic watertight integrity tester
- An ultrasonic thickness gauge
- A bearing indicator
- An ultrasonic liquid level indicator
- A calculator which converts liquid level readings to weight.
With this package the hatch-covers, doors, MCTs, compartments, pipework, hulls, bulkheads, rotating machinery, pumps, sprinkler systems and gaseous extinguishing installations are protected. The package is based on integrity, from design, through to life-time support, and is accurate, reliable and easy to use for any crew members.
Want to discover the answers to these 3 questions?
2. The rationale behind developing the new safety initiative
3. What the initiative has achieved in terms of improved safety and/or safety awareness
4. Demonstrate how the initiative will continue to work over the longer terms to improve safety
Get in touch with Chloe Kay, Marketing & Communications email@example.com