Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator
The Portalevel® MAX liquid level indicator for locating liquid levels in fire suppression cylinders, especially CO2, NOVEC 1230® & FM-200™
Get help buying? Chat now, email or call +44 207 629 8475
Ultrasonic level indicator
The Portalevel® MAX is the fastest & easiest to use unit in the Portalevel Range. It is most popular with customers looking to test large numbers of cylinders and those using the equipment very regularly.
- Quick and Easy Testing: The 8th Generation technology testing procedure is short and simple, making the process of inspecting cylinder content incredibly fast. Every cylinder can be inspected in under 30 seconds, with the ‘cal’ feature automatically setting up the unit for each cylinder at the touch of a button. This significantly reduces user error, makes the testing process very simple and requires minimal user training.
- Powerful Testing: The Portalevel® MAX also has 4 different power modes (SPA). The SPA feature increases the sensitivity of the device and increases the strength of the output signal. As well as being an ideal unit for co2 bottle level measurement and to check the level of gas, the SPA feature enables the unit to continue working on very large tanks up to around 800KG of agent or containers experiencing high levels of corrosion and pitting.
- Wide Range of Verifiable Agents: including but not limited to the common liquefied gaseous fire suppressant agents e.g. CO2 Bottle Level Measurement, Aluminium CO2, FM200/HFC-227EA, NOVEC 1230/FK-5-1-12, FE 25/FE 13, FE 36, Halon 1301/1211, CEA410, NAF S III, Refrigerants/R507
For those not using the equipment very regularly or those only testing smaller cylinders (below about 350KG / 700lbs) please see the Portalevel® Mini as another option!
Also, if you wish to store, download and export all readings plus convert any liquid level into agent weight, please see our Portasteele® Calculator
What's in the box
Portalevel MAX main unit hard aluminium case protecting the controls, main electronics and power supply
Ultrasonic gel Assists perfect contact between sensor & testing surface for maximum accuracy and ease of use.
Extension Rod (optional) Arm reaches easily between cylinders, allowing users to easily test multi-banked rows 2, 3 or 4 rows deep.
Piezo electric sensor fitted with magnetic head to ensure perfect positioning on the cylinder
Portatherm® IR thermometer to quickly measure the ambient temprature of cylinders for level-to-weight conversion
Carrying case – Protecting the equipment during transport, storage and use
Calibration certificate For traceability of accuracy and documenting unit setup.
Operating instructions We can provide training and technical support via our Video Materials, over the phone or video call but the primary method is through our very clear, step-by-step operating manuals.
How to use
Select either the hand sensor or multi-banked extension rod depending on the application required.
For older cylinders especially, ensure you have a light coating of either water or ultrasonic gel. This will help get signals into and out of the cylinders easily.
For new and good condition cylinders the sensor can often be used without copulant.
Using a CO2 cylinder as an example, place the sensor above the liquid level where you know there is gas and press ‘CAL’. This will set the unit up on the cylinder, taking account of wall thickness, material, cylinder dimensions, agent type and other variations.
The bar graph will go to 100% indicating GAS.
Full bar graph indicates GAS
No bar graph indicats LIQUID
Simply move the sensor down the cylinder wall until the bar graph disappears. This is your liquid level
- Height: 160mm
- Width: 82mm
- Depth: 30mm
- Weight: 300g
+/- 1.5mm / 0.125inch
TX/RX sensor. 14mm diamater head. Magnetized sensor application connected by 1m BNC co-ax cable
1 x PP3 9V battery
10 hours operational battery life
Membrane controled LCD backlit display
dimensions 55 x 28mm
-20C to +70c / 68F to 158F
Classifications & Approvals
RINA Classification Society Approval
ABS Type Approval
1 x PP3 9V Battery – 12hours continuous operation
-10C to +65C / 67F to 160F
CE UKAS ISO 9001 Registered
- Main unit – 3 Year Warranty
- Sensor – 1 Year Warranty
- Technical Support – Lifetime of the unit