Identify liquid levels in large industrial containers/tanks/storage units using portable handheld ultrasonic liquid level indicator technology.
The Portatank® is a portable handheld device with a greater operating range up to tank diameter range 0.5-15 metres, of most common tank types such as steel, plastic, aluminium, etc. It is advanced, lightweight, accurate technology that is designed to improve safety by enabling the user to more easily and quickly identify the contents non-invasively. The portable, handheld device can be used for periodic checks of tanks.
- For tanks that already have an in-built system, our portable non-invasive technology allows operators to verify liquid levels in tanks with existing in-built level indicators, as some of these can be from an old technology that can be inaccurate such as float level or sight-glass methods.
- For tanks without any form of liquid level indication, the Portatank® can detect the liquid levels non-invasively through the outer walls of the tank.
- Portatank® requires no installation for either application
- Food and Drink Processing
- Oil & Gas
- Water Treatment Facilities
- Fire Safety Engineering
- Process Industries
With clear LIQUID / NO LIQUID result (presence/absence), the Portatank® is accurate to +/- 10mm, providing a safe, quick and accurate method to monitor contents. This adaptable technology can work with liquid levels that fluctuate over time, as well as test a wide range of tanks and liquids. Coltraco’s equipment is designed to improve safety and best practice, ensuring the equipment used to inspect tanks is accurate and efficient.
Unlike traditional methods of testing, the Portatank® boasts its core capability of non-invasive testing. The Portatank® measures levels of fluids, particularly hazardous liquids where the tank cannot be opened for safety reasons and a float gauge cannot be installed. With the external, non-invasive, non-intrusive technology, the Portatank® is suitable for testing hazardous liquids without the risk of contaminating the liquid. As the liquid storage system is undisturbed during testing, with no removal of lids needed, the risk to the personnel conducting the test is minimised. The unit has a simple and straightforward testing process, requiring only the simple application of the sensor to the container wall.
- Tank diameter: 0.5m – 15m
- Wall thickness: 0.1mm – 20mm
- Wall material: Steel (all types), Plastics, Glass