An innovative handheld tool to accurately identify the level of contents in large containers between 0.5-15 metre diameter.
- Quick Testing: Easy to use, instant liquid level detection with very clear LED results for liquid indication
- Versatile: Applicable for a wide range of tanks & liquids
- Non-Invasive: Testing through the outer wall (no opening required)
Quickly, safely and easily identify the liquid level in tanks
- Tank Width Range: 0.5 metres – 15 metres
- Tank Wall Material: Most common types such as steel, plastic, aluminium etc.
- Liquid types: Most standard industrial liquids. E.g. water and oils
3 reasons to buy Portatank®
- For tanks that already have an in-built system, our portable non-invasive technology allows operators to verify liquid levels in tanks with existing in-built level indicators, as some of these can be from an old technology that can be inaccurate such as float level or sight-glass methods.
- For tanks without any form of liquid level indication, the Portatank® can detect the liquid levels non-invasively through the outer walls of the tank.
- Portatank® requires no installation for either application
- Food and Drink Processing
- Oil & Gas
- Water Treatment Facilities
- Fire Safety Engineering
- Process Industries
- Transformer Oil Levels
Power Station in USA using Portatank to test Transformer Oil Levels (pictured)
With clear LIQUID / NO LIQUID result (presence/absence), the Portatank® is accurate to +/- 10mm, providing a safe, quick and accurate method to monitor contents. This adaptable technology can work with liquid levels that fluctuate over time, as well as test a wide range of tanks and liquids. Coltraco’s equipment is designed to improve safety and best practice, ensuring the equipment used to inspect tanks is accurate and efficient.
3 Reasons to buy non-invasive Portatank
For tanks that already have an in-built level system our portable non-invasive technology allows operators to verify liquid levels in tanks with existing in-built level indicators, as some of these can be from an old technology that can be inaccurate such as float level or sight-glass methods
For tanks without any form of liquid level indication the Portatank® can detect the liquid levels non-invasively through the outer walls of the tank.
- Portatank® requires no installation for either application. The unit has a simple and straightforward testing process, requiring only the simple application of the sensor to the container wall.
Part of the Level-Flow-Pressure Range
See the other 3 products in this range:
- Portasonic 2.FL0 – handheld clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter
- Portasonic CALCULATOR – convert flow rate into pressure
- Permaflow – fixed clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter and heat meter with constant monitoring
Get in touch to solve your liquid level identification now
- use the enquiry form at the top of the page
- download the free brochure
- go on our live webchat
- further contact details on the Contact Us page: