UK Shipping Conference: Creating Pathways to 2030
Coltraco Ultrasonics is a committed member of the UK Chamber of Shipping. We have been actively involved with the Safety Culture Working Group in particular for several years. We have engaged with the Ferry & Cruise Panel too among others. We value our membership and play our part in extolling the advantages of the maritime sector to the UK and abroad.
Our mission is to help our customers deliver the Safeship®: protecting seafarers, cargo and vessels at sea. We do this through our ultrasonic safety technology used for fire safety, watertight integrity, flow testing and other maintenance and inspection purposes. We are committed to Safety at Sea, Seafarer Welfare and Women in Maritime in particular.
HRH Princess Royal shared the following key thoughts today which resonated with us:
- ”Safety should not be an after-thought”
- Growing awareness of the importance of mental health of seafarers
- Maritime needs to work together to achieve IMO climate Change goals
- The environment focus intensifies, with the “UK taking a lead at IMO to harness innovation, drive development of technologies that can help reduce the emissions of ships and ports.”
- “This conference is vital for mapping out the steps to ensure a vibrant and successful UK shipping sector”