Marine ultrasonic level indicator
The Portamarine® is the dedicated Marine ultrasonic level indicator, specifically designed for inspecting fire suppression system cylinders and improving fire safety.
The Portamarine® is a marine unit designed for shipboard use and serving the shipping industry and offshore worldwide. It is the reliable, cost effective seventh generation portable ultrasonic liquid level indicator range by Coltraco Ultrasonics.
- Hands free testing – the device hangs from a strap around the operators neck which is particularly useful when working in the cramped conditions in maritime vessels.
- Cylinder banks of 2, 3 or 4 rows deep – The devices is supplied with the Multi-Banked Extension rods, allowing the operators to easily inspect 2, 3 or 4 rows of cylinders.
- Wide range of agents – Whilst CO2 is the most popular application, the device can also operate on all major liquid agents including FM200 and NOVEC 1230®.
- Safer Testing – This method also completely removes the need for weighing cylinders which is an incredibly time consuming and dangerous method which can often result in damage to the system during inspections.
- Comply with Regulations – IMO SOLAS & FSS Code Chapter 126.96.36.199 – “Means shall be provided for the crew to safely check the quantity of the fire extinguishing medium in the containers.”
Safer, Quicker, Accepted, Cheaper
- Safer: No need to disconnect the cylinders from the manifold with this accurate non-invasive technology (accurate to +/- 1.5mm)
- Quicker: Hands-free operation and extension rod for banked cylinders
- Accepted: The Portamarine® comes with RINA Classification Society Acceptance
- Cheaper: cut servicing costs by up to 50% against weighing
The Portamarine® also comes with full Coltraco Customer Commitment, including free Training and Technical Support for the life of the unit, 3 Year Warranty with full replacement in the event of any defect, guaranteed trade in buy-back when upgrading to newer devices and with the most proven technology on the market.
What's in the box
Portamarine main unit with the controls, display, sensor connectors, harness points for handsfree use and power management
Multi-banked extension rod which reaches between cylinders for testing multiple rows of cylinders up to 4 rows deep
Hand sensor included for ease of use when testing single rows of cylinders.
Carrying case for ease and safety of transportation, storage and delivery
Ultrasonic gel for use with heavily corroded or very old cylinders
Calibration certificate to demonstrate proven accuracy and traceability
How to use
Connect sensor with the BNC connector and turn on the device
Remove any debris such as dirt, peeling paint, or heavy dust. Apply spray of water or ultrasonic gel depending on cylinder condition.
Using CO2 as an example, place the sensor above the liquid level, press & hold the ‘CAL’ button for 5 seconds. All the LEDs will light up. This indicates gas (above level)
Move sensor down the cylinder in small steps watching the LEDs. When all the LEDs have gone out, you have reached the liquid level.
- Height: 168mm
- Width: 95 mm
- Depth: 45 mm
- Weight: 400g
+/- 0.125 inch
TX/RX sensor with 14mm diameter head contained with a magnetic sensor application connected by BNC connectors to 1m co-ax cable
4 x AA 1.5V battery
LCD numeric digital display with LED bar graph
-20C to + 70C
68F to 158F
- Main unit – 3 Year Warranty
- Sensor – 1 Year Warranty
- Technical Support – Lifetime of the unit