Portagauge® 4 Triple Echo Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge allows measurements of the metal independent of any surface coatings such as paint. Submit an enquiry and our expert team will send you details and pricing within 24 hours.
Accurate: To +/- 0.1mm
Capability: It can measure thicknesses up to 250mm and the resolution can be set to either 0.1mm or 0.05mm depending on requirement.
Technology: The Triple Echo Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge sends multiple signals into the metal. By measuring the different reflections, the Portagauge 4 can isolate the pure metal readings, ignoring any surface coatings like paint
Ergonomic: With comfortable rubberized enclosure and the option of a plastic case to protect the unit from dirt, the Portagauge 4 is among the most ergonomic models of the range.
Versatile: With multiple sensor options available
- 2.25MHz probe – measuring range of 3 to 250mm (included as standard)
- 2.5MHz probe – measuring range of 2 to 150mm
- 5MHz probe – measuring range of 1 to 50mm
Stay Compliant With The Regulations
Portagauge® 4 enables you to go above and beyond regulatory compliance.
NFPA 25 – Standard for the Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems
9.2.7 Tests During Interior Inspection. Where a drained interior inspection of a steel tank is required by 188.8.131.52, the following tests shall be conducted:
(3) Non-destructive ultrasonic readings shall be taken to evaluate the wall thickness where there is evidence of pitting or corrosion
(5) Tank bottoms shall be tested for metal loss and/or rust on the underside by use of ultrasonic testing where there is evidence of pitting or corrosion NFPA 13 – Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler System
References made to NFPA 25 for regular inspection, testing and maintenance.
Class Guideline DNVGL-CG-0285 (Dec 2018) – Section 3 – Basic Requirements – General – 5) Only multiple echo instruments may be used for UTM onboard all ships.
The Portagauge range is also used throughout the Marine Industry for a variety of hull & pipework, corrosion testing, and many more.
Enquire above for pricing & information from our sales team within 24 hours.