5 Core Benefits of the Best Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
Making corrosion testing easier, faster and cheaper with the Portagauge® 3. The Portagauge® 3 is the low cost single echo thickness gauge.
5 Core Benefits of the Portagauge® 3:
- Quick testing allows the user to test a large range of metals within a short period of time. Simple enough for any operator, with quick training for reliable and accurate testing.
- Ideal for a wide range of industrial applications: fire cylinders, ship hulls, pipework, storage tanks. Ability to work on heavily corroded metal.
- The simplicity of Portagauge® 3 means reliable results are achieved at the lowest cost to our customers. The quality units are built to ensure they meet high standards.
- Highly accurate units – measurements in steps of 0.1mm from 1.5mm – 99.9mm.
- Portable unit, lightweight, compact and with long-term reliability.
WATCH how to use the Portagauge® 3, just 3 simple steps:
- Connect the sensors to the unit (red to red and black to black)
- Press the “On” button on the Portagauge® 3 unit.
- Place the sensor firmly on the metal surface that you are testing and the Portagauge® will instantly tell you a measurement of the metal thickness in mm.
KEYWORDS: Thickness Gauge, Ultrasonic, Portagauge® 3, Corrosion
The Best Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge from Coltraco
The Portagauge® 3 was designed to be as simple and durable as possible. With only 2 controls (on & off) the device offers an effortless, plug and play method for quickly inspecting large metal surfaces. Accurate to 0.1mm, the unit is primarily used for corrosion and condition inspections. The device can very quickly help the user find internal corrosion in structures and because it is so quick to operate, large surface areas can be quickly inspected. This is especially valuable when inspecting pipework, hulls, process machinery and other applications with particularly long metal structures.
With a hard aluminium case and significant internal electronic protection, the Portagauge® 3 is a robust unit. A variety of different sensor options are also available, including:
- 6mm Thin Material probe – measuring range of 1.5mm to 50mm and ideal for thin diameter applications such as small pipework
- 10mm Standard Probe – measuring range of 1.5mm – 99.9mm and ideal for the vast majority of measurement applications
- 12mm High Temperature Probe – 4mm to 99.9mm and capable of operating on metal surfaces up to 70C / 160F
For more information on the Best Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge, contact Coltraco today.