How are Coltraco Ultrasonics leading change in the safety industry?
Product Range Expansion
Continuous Innovation is at the heart of our success. We put fundamental science at the heart of our new technologies. With several new product launches a year to assist in our customers’ applications. We are the only company in the world to deliver such a diverse and unique range, which cover the full spectrum of liquid level, air, space and watertight integrity, thickness and flow measurement – protecting critical infrastructure on land and at sea.
Today the company operates across over 25 market Sectors including: Shipping & National Ship Management, Naval & Naval Auxiliary Fleets, Shipbuilding & Marine Surveying, Wind Energy, Fire Safety Engineering, Offshore Oil & Gas, Refineries & Petrochemical, Oil & Gas Pipelines, Power Generation, Electricity & Gas Distribution, Solar Thermal energy, Food & Liquid Processing, Fluids Handling, Steel & Aluminium Production, Transformer Operators, Telecommunications & Mobile Phone Operators, Rail & Light Metro Rail, Data Centres & Server Rooms, Pharmaceutical, Hospitals, State-owned Enterprises, Universities, Laboratories, Luxury Hotels, Libraries & Museums, Mining, Chemical & Petrochemical, Manufacture, Mining.
Succeeding through Evolution
During COVID-19 we continued and rapidly accelerated our R&D plan, and developed two instruments specifically to support (1) Our Healthcare sector, which will be world-leading in infection control and (2) Our “Built Environment” in maintaining airtightness in buildings. Our Research & Development was externally assessed as “outstanding” for their R&D plan and the resulting instruments were derived from it. Both determine the leak-sites, the air flow rates and the air permeability factors in an intuitive tablet-based instrument:
- Portascanner® COVID-19 is designed for NHS hospital staff to contain infection contagion from negatively-pressurised hospital wards. This was a direct result of the Government’s COVID19 emergency technology funding through Innovate UK.
- Portascanner® AIRTIGHT 520 enables “safe working in safe buildings” by monitoring a building’s airtightness and thus its ability to properly ventilate https://coltraco.com/bbc-radio-4-on-covid-19-in-hotels-positive-pressurisation-infection-spread-in-melbourne/
We are fortunate to have never entered furlough.
Who we are Today
We are in service in an array of complex and demanding land and marine environments from the Arctic to the Pacific, and in-service with nearly 20% of the world’s commercial ocean-going vessels, 50% of the world’s offshore energy platforms, and 1 of the world’s 4 manufacturers of wind energy turbines. Our After Sales support is unbeaten with free online training for every customer, technical support, spare parts and maintenance provided, and supported by 10 ODAs (Organised Delegated Authorities) around the world to support our global customer base. Our company team, supported by our Global Distribution Network, and Regional Heads of Operation, is exceptional and many have won Science, Innovation & Research awards.
In 2017 we were awarded British Innovator of the Year. Coltraco Ultrasonics exports 89% of our output to more than 120 countries. In 2019 our company won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise and we have won numerous maritime and safety engineering awards. Our Chairman has become a DIT Export Champion for the 3rd successive year, and he was also proud to receive the 2021 Dunelmensis Award for his contribution to research https://www.dunelm.org.uk/dunelmensis-award.
Product Range Highlights
We look forward to enhancing our diverse and unique range, launching our upcoming products and systems with our advanced innovation but of specific note are:.
- Portatank® to test transformer oil levels
- Permalevel® Featherweight to constantly monitor weight of CO2, Clean Agents and Inert Gases in seamless cylinders
- Portasonic® 2.Fl0 portable ultrasonic clamp-on flow meter
- Permaflow® fixed ultrasonic clamp-on flow and heat meter
- Portagauge® 5 multi echo ultrasonic thickness gauge