Over the successful career of Coltraco to produce enormous range of devices with integrated ultrasonic technology to cater various industrial matters has made it popular among the customers. Where there is high quality products manufactured under this label, Portascanner Watertight is integrated with solutions to make sure that your ships and systems are weather and watertight. This solution is available as a product or in consistent monitoring system which can help you to take a hold of massive area without being worried to deal every corner manually.
As a device, Portascanner Watertight to the market which is efficient to perform tasks in regards to tight seals such as watertight, airtight or weather-tight. When it comes to cable transit areas watertight testing whereas considered appropriate for scuttles, shell doors, hatch – covers, doors, flanges and steering gear hatches are the few others; this device is considered to be perfect and flawless. Coltraco has manufactured and produced this range keeping the requirement of modern terms. Moreover, it qualifies to cope up with inspection of leak sites of critical sealing.
Accuracy of Results Obtained
The extent of the leak is indicated by the numerical readout by this hatch cover maintenance and watertight integrity testing device. In terms of the numerical readout:
- “0 – 5” or ”0 dB” indicates seal watertight integrity
- “6 – 100” or “1 dB – 26 dB” indicates weather-tightness only
- “101+” or “27 dB+” indicates weak seal compression
- High values indicate a full leak site
Technical Features of Portascanner Watertight
Here below are the technical specifications which you want to know:
Portascanner Watertight is especially designed to enhance the ease and accuracy with which critical airtight, watertight or weather tight seals can be inspected for leak sites or areas of reduced compression in the seal.
Technical Specifications of Portascanner’s Generator
- Powered By: 2 x 9V PP3 batteries
- Weight: 431 Grams
- Battery Life: 10 hours minimum
- Size: 15cm L x 9cm W x 5cm H
- Enclosure: ABS material
- Mounting Arrangements: Permanent Magnet
- Output: 0.1 watt/100dB unidirectional
The generator is an ultrasonic generator with three transducers. This will produce a strong signal in one direction i.e. directly from the transducer which fills the compartment being tested with ultrasound pulses e.g. providing sufficient coverage to fill the hold when the hatch-covers are closed. The generator is permanently fitted with a powerful magnet which allows it to be attached to the vesselʼs structure where required. A magnet cover is provided when the magnet is not in use.
Technical Specifications – Receiver
- Powered By: 1 x 9V PP3 batteries with low battery indication
- Weight: 419 Grams
- Battery Life: 10 hours continuous use minimum
- Size: 21.5cm x 8.5cm W x 3.5cm H
- Enclosure: Aluminum IP65 Waterproof
- Output: 1 watt (maximum) audible signal (via calibrated headphones with visual 4 digit LCD display and graph)
The receiver of this hatch cover tester uses ultrasonic technology to convert the 40KHz pulses sent by the generator into three easily comprehensible readings: audible, bar graph and numerical which enables the operator to understand if the seal is wholly watertight or to what extent a leak exists.
For further information, download PDF