The regulations pertaining to fixed gaseous suppression systems assume that the extinguishant (CO2, or clean agents such as FM-200®, Novec™1230, halons etc) leak or accidentally discharge due to being under high pressure in the cylinders.
- Thus regular inspection of the contents is required.
- Traditionally done by manually weighing taking 2 people 15 minutes per cylinder
- Now innovative technologies enable testing without affecting the system taking 1 person 60 seconds per cylinder
- The solution is Portalevel® MAX Marine + Portasteele® CALCULATOR
Learn more from the blog:
- “Ships sink; fires happen”
- Why understand and maintain fixed fire extinguishing systems?
- Protecting your crew and vessel: using ultrasonics to create a Safeship®