The Portascanner® AIRTIGHT has been demonstrated at the world’s second tallest building, at 632 metres tall.
Mr. Angus Hodgkiss MPhys presented the Portascanner® AIRTIGHT, alongside Mr. David Cao.
Following practical testing of the Portascanner® AIRTIGHT at the world’s second tallest tower, the advanced instrument will be further promoted for the achievement of Passive House levels of airtightness.
The Portascanner® AIRTIGHT is a world-first instrument that is able to:
- Non-disruptively identify leak sites with a microscopic level of accuracy, and
- Measure and quantify their cross-sectional area, and
- Determine the air flow rate through each leak under any range of conditions using sophisticated algorithms, as well as
- Calculate the room’s overall air permeability, while
- Storing photographic and quantitative data to generate traceable, exportable reports.
Portascanner® AIRTIGHT calculates the Air Changes Per Hour (ACH) of a room or building from all leaks that have been detected and quantified.
Frequent and regular detection, location, and quantification of unwanted air leaks, integrated alongside existing airtightness testing equipment ensures the success of building ventilation strategies, to generate pathogen free air for the occupants inside. Testing with Portascanner® AIRTIGHT is non-invasive and non-disruptive: people can remain in the room.