Portascanner WATERTIGHT is the ideal solution for checking the hatch-covers, doors, scuttles, cable transit areas, shell doors, flanges, steering gear hatches etc. Designed primarily to enhance the ease and accuracy with which critical airtight, watertight or weather tight seals can be inspected for leak sites or areas of reduced compression in the seal.
Accuracy of Results Obtained – unique to Coltraco Ultrasonics
The extent of the leak is indicated by the numerical readout by this hatch cover maintenance and watertight integrity-testing device. In terms of the numerical readout:
- “0 – 5” or ”0 dB” indicates seal watertight integrity
- “6 – 100” or “1 dB – 26 dB” indicates weather-tightness only
- “101+” or “27 dB+” indicates weak seal compression
- High values indicate a full leak site
Technical Specifications of Receiver – Hatch Cover Tester
- Enclosure: Aluminum IP65 Waterproof
- Battery Life: 10 hours continuous use minimum
- Output: 1 watt (maximum) audible signal (via calibrated headphones with visual 4 digit LCD display and graph)
- Powered By: 1 x 9V PP3 batteries with low battery indication
- Size: 21.5cm L x 8.5cm W x 3.5cm H
- Weight: 419 Grams
The receiver of this ultrasonic hatch cover tester uses ultrasonic technology to convert the 40KHz pulses sent by the generator into three easily comprehensible readings: audible, bar graph and numerical which enables the operator to understand if the seal is wholly watertight or to what extent a leak exists.
Technical Specifications of Generator – Hatch Cover Tester
- Mounting Arrangements: Permanent Magnet
- Output: 0.1 watt/100dB unidirectional
- Enclosure: ABS material
- Size: 15cm L x 9cm W x 5cm H
- Powered By: 2 x 9V PP3 batteries
- Weight: 431 Grams
- Battery Life: 10 hours minimum
The generator is an ultrasonic generator with three transducers. This will produce a strong signal in one direction i.e. directly from the transducer, which fills the compartment being tested with ultrasound pulses e.g. providing sufficient coverage to fill the hold when the hatch-covers are closed. The generator is permanently fitted with a powerful magnet which allows it to be attached to the vessel structure where required. A magnet cover is provided when the magnet is not in use.