The main causes of fire in data centres are from servers overheating and electrical faults. That is why liquified gaseous fire extinguishing systems, such as FM-200® and Novec™ 1230, are needed to protect their critical infrastructure.
We want you to be 100% confident in the reliability of your fire safety.
- Our award-winning Liquid level indicator range gives you the ability to frequently check that your fire suppression systems contain an adequate amount of agent to suppress a fire.
- Using our Portalevel® MAX, you can simply test this in a matter of seconds, with only one person vs. manually weighing your cylinders which is dangerous, time consuming and requires a minimum of two people.
- Coltraco is the only company globally that provides traceability of your liquid level measurements to agent weight, which is the only documented evidence of cylinder contents by the manufacturer with the Portasteele® CALCULATOR
- Be in full compliance with ISO 14520-1:2015 and NFPA 2001:2018. Simply ask for more information on compliance with these regulations.
- You can also constantly monitor your fire suppression systems 24/7, 365 days a year, with our fixed constant monitoring system, Permalevel® FEATHERWEIGHT
Case Studies: Currently Protecting Data Centres worldwide
- Bao Cloud Centre, China – One of the largest data centres in China wanted to protect their people and facilities, in September 2018. Bao Cloud contacted Coltraco Ultrasonics to protect their facility and ensure that their FM200 systems are always full. Coltraco Ultrasonic’s successfully completed installation of the Permalevel® MULTIPLEX with monitoring points on 12 FM-200® cylinders https://coltraco.com/chinese-data-bao-cloud-centre-chooses-to-protect-critical-assets-from-fire-risk/
- Oxygen Reduction System, UK – Buildings and enclosed spaces must be sufficiently airtight to ensure that, in the event of a fire, the building or room can contain the gaseous agent long enough to ensure that the fire is completely extinguished, and that there is no risk of oxygen infiltration re-igniting the fire. In a Data Centre in the UK several areas of a Server Room were tested with an ultrasonic room integrity tester where leakage was probable. The ultrasonic room integrity tester identified the main source of leaks for the room, the doors, where full readings were clearly detected. Multiple air vents in the room were also improperly sealed and some leakage was found into the external room. Cable penetrations leading to the area outside the Server Room were also found to be leaking. https://coltraco.com/case-study-oxygen-reduction-system-data-centre
- The most advanced non-invasive liquid level indicator for fire suppression cylinders
- UL and ABS Approved, accurate to +/- 1.5mm
- Designed for servicing of fire suppression systems such as CO2, FM-200®, Novec™1230, FE-13™, FE-25™, Halons and many more liquified gaseous agents.
- Leave manual calculations of servicing fire suppression systems in the past. Convert liquid height to agent mass and export reports to customers as a cost and time effective maintenance solution by pairing the Portalevel® MAX with the Portasteele® CALCULATOR.
- An advanced continuous monitoring system designed for total flood fire suppression systems in seamless cylinders.
- World’s first dedicated 3-gas system that continually monitors any loss of agent quantity due to leakage in high-pressure seamless CO2 cylinders, liquified clean agents (NOVEC™1230, FM-200®) with Nitrogen, and non-liquified clean agents such as Inergen™.
- No system disruption during maintenance periods. The implementation of a unique locking system allows the sensors to be removed without disconnecting the cylinders.
- Handheld Ultrasonic non-disruptive room integrity & leak detection technology
- Data Centres, Critical Infrastructure such as Command Centres, Research Laboratories, Operating Theatres, Clean Rooms, and many other spaces have to be particle free
- Testing for airtightness can now be completed faster, better and more efficiently, and therefore cheaper, with the Portascanner Airtight 520
- Air leaks with a diameter as small as 0.5mm can now be detected and quickly located with the Portascanner® AIRTIGHT 520 to ensure your data centres are airtight.