In the realm of fire safety, maintaining the readiness of fire suppression systems is paramount. One crucial aspect of this readiness is ensuring that fire cylinder contents are kept at optimal levels. Traditional methods of checking fire cylinder contents, such as weighing cylinders or installing invasive liquid-level float devices, can be cumbersome and time-consuming.
Fortunately, advancements in technology have introduced more efficient solutions, like Advanced Ultrasonic Level Sensors. In this blog post, we will explore the importance of maintaining full cylinder contents for fire suppression efficiency and how Advanced Ultrasonic Level Sensors, specifically Coltraco Ultrasonics’ Portalevel® MAX PLUS and Portalevel® MAX PLUS, can revolutionize this process.
The Significance of Full Cylinder Contents
Fire suppression systems are designed to combat fires swiftly and effectively. To achieve this, it’s imperative that fire cylinders are filled to the appropriate levels with fire suppression agents such as CO2, FM200™, NOVEC™ 1230, or others. Inadequate agent levels can result in ineffective fire suppression, putting lives and property at risk. Moreover, fluctuations in agent levels due to temperature changes can complicate the situation, as different agents and cylinder sizes react differently to temperature variations.
Coltraco Ultrasonics’ Portalevel® MAX PLUS and Portasteele® CALCULATOR
Coltraco Ultrasonics, a leader in fire safety technology, has introduced innovative solutions to address these challenges. The Portalevel® MAX PLUS is a portable, non-invasive device designed to accurately locate the liquid level inside fire suppression cylinders. It boasts user-friendly features, including a versatile and precise display accurate to ±1.5 mm. The device offers three calibration modes and four power settings, allowing users to test various fire suppression agents effectively.
Once the liquid level is determined using the Portalevel® MAX PLUS, the Portasteele® CALCULATOR steps in to calculate the agent’s weight within the cylinder. This calculation takes into account cylinder size, agent type, and temperature, providing an accurate assessment of the agent’s weight.
In pic: Portalevel® MAX PLUS
in pic: Portasteele® CALCULATOR
Advantages of Portalevel® MAX PLUS:
- Non-Invasive Liquid Level Measurement: Allows non-invasive liquid level monitoring, eliminating the need for physical contact or invasive float devices during maintenance procedures.
- High Accuracy: With accuracy up to ±1.5 mm, ensuring precise liquid level measurement for improved fire suppression system efficiency.
- User-Friendly Display: The smart and ergonomic design includes a user-friendly display that indicates whether the sensor is in the GAS or LIQUID phase, streamlining the measurement process.
- Versatility: This portable and battery-powered device can test a wide range of fire suppression agents, including CO2, FM200™, NOVEC™ 1230, Halons, FE-13™, FE-25™, NAF S III™, and all core Clean Agent systems.
- Extended Calibration Features: Offers three intelligent calibration modes, providing users with greater control and accuracy when testing various liquids and fire suppression agents.
- Agent Weight Calculation: The world’s first liquid level to agent mass calculator. It efficiently converts liquid level measurements from the Portalevel® range into agent weights.
- Time-Saving Solution: By automating the conversion process, streamlining maintenance operations, and saving valuable time during cylinder servicing.
- Comprehensive Data: Accounts for cylinder size, agent type, and temperature, providing comprehensive data to ensure the fire cylinder is appropriately filled.
- Minimizes Errors: Manual calculations can lead to inaccuracies, but with the Portasteele® CALCULATOR, the risk of errors is significantly reduced, ensuring reliable and consistent results.
Ensuring the efficiency of fire suppression systems is a critical aspect of fire safety. Coltraco Ultrasonics’ Portalevel® MAX PLUS and Portasteele® CALCULATOR offer innovative solutions for checking and maintaining fire cylinder contents. These advanced ultrasonic level sensors streamline the process, providing accurate measurements, time efficiency, and enhanced safety. With these tools in hand, fire safety professionals can keep fire suppression systems at their peak performance, ready to respond to emergencies effectively. In the ever-evolving landscape of fire safety technology, these advancements are invaluable steps toward a safer world.